Tuesday, March 23, 2010

You ask me, How I feel about you?

You ask me,
How I feel about you?
And I struggle to find the right words,
To describe something so indescribable.
So I guess the only thing I can think to say is:
I see your eyes and the internal light from them that you save up for only me,
Is like plugging a household blender in an industrial socket,
I’m overdosing on you,
I’m passed out on the floor from the amount of happiness and love that I am not used to.
While I’m down,
I can hear your voice,
And It is like I’m a addict passed out on the floor with a needle still sticking out of my arm,
Shaking from the poison running thorough my veins,
And hearing God’s voice in my ear,
Saving me,
Telling me that this isn’t my life,
I’m better than a needle
And that he is going to take me,
Take me,
Handing me to his greatest angel,
That angel took me under his soft,
Flawless,
Wings,
And held me there,
Until I was better,
That’s what your voice did for me,
All of that,
From just a few words.
That’s what you do to me.
You ask me,
How I feel about you?
I feel like I’m watching a sunset on the beach with every breath you take from your beautiful mouth.
I feel like an earthquake,
The size of the one that shook Haiti,
Makes the word tremble with every kiss you give me,
That’s how powerful your touch is to me.
I hear about a sandstorm in the Sahara desert every time you blink your amazing eyelashes.
I can see a thousand caterpillars break free of their cocoon and fly as new butterflies every time you bend over and your butterfly tattoo you got on spring break peaks at me from under your little white shirt.
You ask me,
How I feel about you?
I feel like we are lightning and thunder,
We leave a path of destruction and terror in our wake,
But when we come together,
There is nothing more beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment