Monday, March 22, 2010

Love

We sit,
Looking at each other
From different side of the classroom,
Both of us wishing we were together,
Instead of stuck in this prison,
This prison built to contain us,
The magnetic pull between us is so strong,
It makes our desks shake and rattle,
Trying to stay in place,
But the table and chair are weak,
And can’t hold for long,
We are sent flying,
And meet in the middle of the room,
Our desks crashing together,
In an explosion of  metal, wood and plastic.

We stand up in the center of all of the chaos,
And go to each other,
Looking into one another’s eyes for a moment,
And it’s like seeing you for the first time all over again,
My pulse quickens,
And my face flushes,
And it feels like your soul let loose a hundred butterflies in my stomach.

We take another step and embrace,
And it feels so right,
I just don’t understand how anything could go wrong,
Anywhere,
Anytime,
I suppose not everyone knows this love,
That’s why bad things happen,
Because if you know this kind of love,
This shoot me up,
Drag me down,
Small people dancing happily inside of you,
All consuming kind of love,

It’s impossible to do anything,
But love back.

No comments:

Post a Comment