Saturday, April 3, 2010

Ambush

I’m tired of this feeling,
This
Hollow
Lonely
Perpetually Depressed
Feeling that never seems to leave,
It’s always there,
Just like that hole,
It will step back in the shadows sometimes,
But it’s only waiting for another chance to ambush me again,
And It seems,
That the longer it’s hiding out,
Waiting,
The harder I fall when it pounces.
And this time,
This time there was solid impact.
Like a cat,
The claws of insanity grabbing me and sinking in,
Dragging me into it’s den to feast on the last little bit of happiness I carry with me.
Once it’s devoured on my final reason to exist,
It leaves me there,
To pick myself back up,
And try to find that sliver of good emotion again.
But,
It seems,
That it gets smaller,
Like the cat bit it,
And now I’m only finding pieces of it,
Each time,
Getting a smaller piece,
And,
Eventually,
Their going to be so small,
That their going to be nonexistent.

1 comment:

  1. How much relatable this is, I can't even tell you. Felt like you took words out of my heart.

    ReplyDelete